10 oktober, 2011

Hail storm in the bush!

A week ago we had an interesting phenonemon in the bush: hail! I remember last year we also had an hail storm and it is quit uncommon.

It started as a normal day, a bit humid and around 32 degrees (Celcius). The sky changed into a dark blue curtain and you could just feel something was about to happen.
Before I knew hail the size of tabletennis balls came flying down: bombarding the pool, lawns and veld. With danger of getting myself injured -and for your pleasure- I took some great pictures:


After a minute or 15 the hail switched to rain, and we got a total of 20 mm! Now, a week later the veld is already turning green.



When the rain passed away I went out and saw a beautiful rainbow over my boma:


From the rainbow nation,

Corné van Dongen.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten